Almost a year ago I felt the need to write a book about this new design process and the new business model that I was developing for fashion. I knew it would contribute to fashion companies, to the environment and to the lives of many people. The thing was that at that time I was thinking in challenges instead of possibilities:
How will I ever find a publisher? If I don’t find a publisher I will need to have at least 10 000 euro’s to do everything myself.. How can I test the design process with a very low budget? Where will I find an accountant who can help me with the business model that I am developing?
Many many questions that made me worry, stress and feel as if it is a great idea but very difficult to realize when you don’t have a budget. About six months ago I started thinking in possibilities. I don’t have a budget to make a video for the crowdfunding, but I can make an e-book presentation. I can use my website and social media for building up an audience and I can contact my network for financial support. Although it was very far out of my comfort zone to ask people for financial help, I decided to push through and offer my services in return.
In February I published the page of the crowdfunding on this website and started the communication through Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Now two months later a lot of challenges have been solved and I don’t even need 10 000 euro’s for realizing the book! I have received a lot of unexpected support!
- In the first weeks of the crowdfunding a good friend Armando Ello offered to help me by filming the video for the crowdfunding.
- More than 100 people shared the link to the crowdfunding through social media.
- I was introduced to a publisher (Booklight) who is interested in the subject of the book and is willing to provide all the services needed for 800 euro’s.
- Nudge helped me to find an accountant who helped with information and suggestions for the business model.
- Humana sponsored a case study for the book (Patch) with materials – five big bags full with hoodies.
- Samy Andary helped with creativity and suggestions for testing the new design process that I am describing in the book.
- Interviews and articles have been published about Paradigm shift in Fashion on several websites in the Netherlands and Armenia.
I would like to thank everybody who has supported me in the past two months in any way: positive energy, sharing, liking, financial support, information, creativity, accommodation, questions, reactions, advices, blogs and the filming of the video!!
The book and my activities have been supported from Armenia, Spain, United States, Norway and The Netherlands. Sixteen individuals and fashion companies have pre ordered the book and 9 have pre ordered the video logs explaining the design system. In total the book has been supported financially with 1065 euro’s.
The crowdfunding was a success! The book is going to be published in autumn this year.
– Borrowing fashion, MudJeans
– Designing with the wearer, Refinity
– A New Business Model, Up and Coming Fashion Design
– Duurzaam produceren met behulp van een boek, OneWorld
– Hasmik ontwikkelt nieuw business model voor mode